Recent work has focused on WordPress site implementation and plugin creation. Skills, however, encompass a much broader field of applications. Prior experience includes 20 years with ABB Combustion Engineering (C-E) and General Electric (GE) and 10 years on the faculty of Boğaziçi University in Turkey. Broad experience with computer programming and software has been applied to a variety of systems. This is coupled with an ability to bring this experience effectively to bear on the solution of problems in a wide variety of disciplines and use whatever tools are needed to solve a problem.
- Programming/software applications (ordered by decreasing and/or less recent experience by and within bullets)
- WordPress site implementation and plugin creation
- MySQL, plus less recent experience with other databases
- Engineering systems/modelling
- Created Church of Our Savior Capital Campaign WordPress-based web site, including content and design, together with Linda Murray Green.
- Providing support for site changes and content generation for Round Sky Solutions, together with Linda Murray Green.
- Ported Authentic Justice from OpenCart 188.8.131.52 single store to an OpenCart 184.108.40.206 multi-store installation, after upgrading the multi-store installation from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168. Used vQmod to customize the Authentic Justice site.
- Created 0-percent balance transfer payoff calculator for CreditCards.com.
- Created High Street Studios WordPress-based web site, including content and design, together with Linda Murray Green.
- Brought all of the Prayercentral sites which use WordPress into a WordPress Multisite Network in 2014. Some of them were using WordPress versions as old as 2.0. Now all are using the latest version.
- Together with Linda Murray Green, greatly expanded Church of Our Savior WordPress-based web site (which had been created by another party), including creating content and modifying design using a child theme. Continuing site maintenance and content development.
- Building of the Derin Değişim web site, including special jQuery functionality and theme modifications.
- Implementation of OpenCart software, including some plugins/modifications, and, together with Linda Murray Green, complete site creation for Authentic Justice.
- Maintenance and consultation for the Cross Cultural Connections site, which uses WordPress.
- Creation of WordPress plugins Embed Bible Passages and Use Client’s Time Zone.
- Creation of Fiscal Cliff Calculator for CreditCards.com.
- Development, consultation, and maintenance for the Prayercentral suite of sites, including prayercentral.net, fetchaprayer.net, prayerguard.net, prayitsayit.net, and others.
- Prayitsayit.net is constructed using own software framework (SaeSolved:: Site Software System, which is object-oriented and incorporates MVC architecture.)
- The other sites use WordPress, including numerous unpublished plugins developed specially for these sites by Dr Green.
- All email list services for these sites is provided using phpList for which Dr Green developed special plugins, including Enhanced Placeholders and Multi-list Subscribe.
- Creation of the Elgg-based software used for CBN’s Pray with Purpose Online Devotional and Prayer Journal, including Elgg plugins specific to this application.
- Developed gift card and email notification software for mPOWR.
- Creation of the Break Even Calculator for Builders Coach.
- Developed and implemented the Sign Up to Join the Prayer Wall section of Find Room 219.
Summary of Experience
- SaeSolved:: LLC, Jupiter, FL, Virginia Beach, VA, Chesterfield, MO, and Atlantic Beach, FL, 1994 – Present
- Software Consultant/Programmer (1994 – present)
- Providing software and engineering solutions in a variety of fields with emphasis on web application development using LAMP.
- ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), Combustion Engineering (C-E), Inc., Windsor, CT, 1978 – 1994
- Senior Consulting Engineer, Manager, Supervisor, and Consulting Engineer at ABB Power Plant Controls, Fluid System Performance, Standard Plant Licensing, LOCA Methods and Analysis, and Steam Line Break Analysis, C-E Nuclear Power
- Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1969 – 1978
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- General Electric Company, 1961 – 1964
- Engineer, Schenectady, NY and Philadelphia, PA
- United States Air Force, 1958 – 1961
- Weather Officer
- Doctor of Science in Nuclear Engineering, 1969, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, 1964, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Meteorology (Air Force training program, no degree), 1958 – 1959, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, 1958, Troy, NY, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- At http://www.linkedin.com/in/drmikegreen and/or
- Upon request